Monday, January 19, 2009

Walking

Yes, that's right...walking. Madie took her first real steps today (before she even has her first teeth, she is kind of slow on the whole teeth thing though)!!!! She took about a step and half last week as she was falling forward, but I'm not really sure that counts. But today she took several steps multiple times! I know it will probably still be a while before she is ready to walk well and for more than a few steps by herself, but I am still impressed with my little baby! And just in case anyone was wondering, she just turned 8 months last week and she doesn't crawl. Her biggest obstacle to getting proficient at it is that she won't hardly stand still long enough to get balanced. 

On another note... Nick and Lindsay got us some lovely shadow box picture frames for Christmas and Zach hung them up for me the other day. We put them above our bed to kind of serve as a headboard. We still need to get an 11x14 so for now that has the picture that came with the frame. 

6 comments:

  1. I thought you were stretching it with the walking until the end of the video. Yes she took her first real steps. I alway thought she would walk before she crawled. I just didn't think it would be this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job Madie! You did a fabulous job. I loved watching that. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Madie! I'm glad you liked the frames, I thought that was something you might like. I don't know about you, but I never buy frames even though I'd like to put my pictures up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is cute Ashley! My middle child started walking at 9 months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Ashlee through my sister-in-law of the same name ;)

    I saw her blog off a link on your site :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. At eight months?!?!?! You are gonna have your hands full! That is awesome though. Yay for baby Maddie!

    ReplyDelete