Saturday, February 7, 2009

Something New Every Day

It seems like Madison learns something new every day. It may not actually be every day, but it is at least every week. Two weeks ago she started walking. Last week she got her first tooth (I know that isn't really learning something, but I thought it was note worthy). This week she started crawling (if you can call it that). Her position of choice is one knee and one foot. It is quite interesting, but it works for her. My dad calls it crawking (said crock ing) because it is like she is half crawling and half walking. Here is a picture of her crawling stance:

 I also got it on video but don't have the patience right now to upload it, so maybe later. 

We are also entering into the month of doctors appointments. Madie's 9 month check up is on the 17th, she starts physical therapy on the 27th (it would be the 20th if I didn't have stupid jury duty) and her appt with the second orthopedic surgeon is on March 6th. I know that is only three weeks, not a month, but with pt she will probably be going at least once a week would be my guess. 

Zach is as busy as ever with homework. That will probably consume most of his time during the semester for the next three and a half years. I just have to keep telling myself that it is so that life can be a little better and easier for us in the long run. 

Hooray for tax season! I don't feel the need to specify our exact return amount...I'll just say that it is nice. I wasn't really that surprised with having Madie, quitting working and Zach being in school. It is kind of anticlimactic though, since the vast majority of the return is going into the "I want a house" fund. The part we do spend will probably be on eyewear for Zach and maybe some paint for when we move. 

I, along with Kristi, am planning a bridal shower for Lori. Any good ideas for a theme or games???

Madie and I went to the Glendale chocolate affair with my parents on Saturday. Guess what Zach was doing...homework. It was kind of a bust, but Madie did enjoy the chocolate covered strawberries.
I think this picture is just cute, plus you can see her new bow that I made.

3 comments:

  1. Her chocolate face is great! Does Zach wear glasses? I don't think I've seen... but when I picture it he looks very stu- stu- studious :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. Best part of the Chocolate Affaire was spending time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! I am sorry I haven't had a chance to call you to get together, with the house and moving and everything..it has been insane! But I promise it will happen soon, bare with me:) Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete