Thursday, February 26, 2009

Explanation of the fried frogs

Ok Randi Sue....here you go!
It was a little bit before Christmas and I was at my parents house along with Kristi and her girls and Dustin and his kids. My dad was reading a book to Benjamin and Curtis and somehow made everything about frogs (the book had nothing to do with frogs). It was quite entertaining, probably more so if you were actually there. So when it came time to send out the email sign up for our Christmas brunch all of the usual products were listed and at the bottom was this: "products (like muffins or bagels), chocolate covered ants, deep fried frogs, fried stuff with cheese, etc." The fried stuff with cheese is a Friends reference but the deep fried frogs went back to when my dad was reading to the boys and kept talking about frogs. I thought it would be funny to actually bring deep fried frogs, so I looked in stores for gummy frogs but couldn't find any. My parents went to San Diego a couple of weeks ago and saw some at Sea Port Village, so my mom got a few and brought them home for me to fry for my dad. I found a recipe online for fried twinkies and used that batter. 
That is the story of the deep fried frogs.

1 comment: