Friday, August 26, 2011

One heck of a week

Boy am I glad this week is over!!! Zach started back to school last Thursday so this has been our first full week of school mode...and apparently it is taking a toll! Here is what has happened over the last 5 days, Madie burned her hand pretty bad on the iron, my fault and I still feel terrible about it. She locked us both in her bedroom (it locks from the outside and her window jams so I couldn't get us out that way). Since I didn't have my phone on me, I had to find something to use as a key...I did, after half an hour at which point Madie was a little bit hysterical. She emptied a bottle of hairspray on her hair, arms, dress, & Ariel doll (we had an impromptu bath at 2:30 that afternoon). The blister from her burn popped this morning, of course while I was in the middle of my shower, and then the icing on the cake was that I got some hydrofluoric acid in my eye this afternoon which hurt like the dickens!
In reviewing my week, I am reminded of a phrase I've seen on Pinterest (which if you haven't checked out, you NEED to!). It goes, "don't let a bad day make you feel like you have a bad life!" We have enjoyed some sewing and painting projects this week, along with some coloring. I love how focused she is when she colors!
After we finished coloring together Madie wanted to take a picture. I colored the base and Madie did all the detail work. She is getting much better at staying in the lines. And she is getting good at writing her name. I should get a picture of that.
The house across the street from us is having some work done on the outside (trees cut down, new AC, new roof) so there have been lots of workers and tools and a crane. Madie loves to sit by her window and watch the guys work! The first day she sat and watched for over half an hour and the second day, she brought company with her to watch (notice that all of the barbies heads are turned so they are looking out the window).
This girl cracks me up! We may have had a crappy week, but we definitely don't have a crappy life! :)

Oh, and don't be fooled by my sudden increase in blog posts. It's just a fluke!

No comments:

Post a Comment