Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Finally starting to feel better

We were all sick last week...it sucked. Zach & Madie both got over it fairly quickly but for some reason I just couldn't seem to shake it. I finally started feeling a little better yesterday (I started feeling sick last Monday). So now I get to play catch up on all of the things that I neglected for a week.

We had a kitten adopt us. Yes, you read that right...he picked us (I don't actually know the gender of the cat). As Madie and I were walking into the kitchen to get breakfast one morning she saw a cat on the fence outside the front door. So we had to stop so she could wave. I opened the door thinking the cat would jump into the grass and run away like every other cat has done. I was wrong! He came right up to us and starting purring and rubbing against my leg. You would think I fed the cat because he hung around for several days. He even enjoyed sitting on the front lawn right outside Madie's window, which she absolutely loved. Then one day he just disappeared. She still says "bye meow" when we walk past the front door.
Here is the little guy, sorry the picture is sideways but I don't care enough to go back and fix it.


Madie is really learning to like the weekends. She becomes my parents' shadow. She loves to just follow them around and see what's going on. My dad poured concrete about a week ago on the side of the house for the addition. She thought it was great to run up and down it. She also wanted to help grandpa. She was so funny to watch.



My mom sat her in the middle of the jacaranda tree and she loved that!

She also helped me make cookies the other day. :)

I don't know where she comes up with these ideas, but this is where she decided she wanted to sit to eat her snack the other day.

1 comment:

  1. I cant believe how big she is getting Ash!! It seems like just yesterday, you had just got married, and I was waiting for my ring! LOL.. and now your baby, is almost a toddler! Crazy! You have the cutest little fam! I hope things are going well for you, it looks like it is..and Im glad your not sick anymore, seems like everyone is getting sick!! Miss you girl!!

    ReplyDelete