Thursday, September 18, 2008

Updates

Zach has been very busy between working and going to school. He finished his first project a week or so ago and he found out that he got one of the best grades in his class. He was very excited about that. He had to take four different maps of the valley and combine them all into one hand drawing. I would post a picture of it but it was done in pencil so it doesn't photograph well. He also made a 3D model of part of his map. It turned out kind of neat. The part on the top right represents the papago buttes, the chunk missing out of the middle is the salt river, the bottom most layer is the earth untouched, the middle layer is the Hohokam indian canal system and the top part is the grid system that exists today with a couple of buildings. 

Madie is now four months old. She had her checkup on Tuesday and it wasn't a pleasant experience, she wasn't a fan of the shots (I don't blame her, I hate them also). She is about 14 pounds and 25 inches. The dr said that she is growing really well and that she is a smart little girl (She is ahead on most of her developmental milestones). She also recently started trying to roll from her back onto her tummy. She gets about 3/4 of the way over and then gets stuck on her arm.  We are going to start her on solids this weekend...we'll see how that goes. Although it won't actually be her first time eating real food (she has had mashed potatoes and ice cream) it will be her first time with rice cereal. The dr said that we could wait to start this if we want to but Madie is just so interested in food that we will probably give it a shot this weekend some time (I want Zach to be able to be there for it). 

She also discovered her feet recently. It is cute to watch her play with them.

This picture is just cute! :)
So you might be thinking to yourself...what about Ashley? Not much is new with my life, aside from what all is going on with Madie. I am working on a few crafty projects for Christmas gifts but I can't really give any more information than that since some of the people who will be recipients of the gifts read my blog. I will try to remember to take pictures of them and post about it after Christmas. I am also trying to find time to work on Madie's scrapbook and make bows for her head. Every once in a while I find some time but it is usually a rare occasion since I am usually too tired to do anything after she goes to bed and she doesn't like to nap for more than 20 or 30 minutes at a time (and I'll be honest, I can't get much done in that amount of time). 
On a random side note - our computer that has been broken for the last few months fixed itself. We don't know what was wrong with it before, it wouldn't even turn on and Zach noticed last night that it was on, so he turned the monitor on and sure enough it works! We are kind of confused by this but greatful that it is working. 

4 comments:

  1. haha, that's weird about the computer, but good news!

    Rice cereal is yummy :-D

    I enjoyed this entry because I got to hear about everyone! I am glad Zach is doing well and you have some fun projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you! I love your updates! I think about you often and totally miss working with you! Your little one is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture with her in the hat. So cute! Hey ashley, I started selling Scentsy candles and wanted you to check out my web page to see if you would be interested in having a party or just ordering from me. www.scentsy.com/ashleedurham thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent job Zach! Do you remember the bridge Dad made for his class at school? When he made the bridge it took him about 40 hrs. make it.

    Your skills come from him not me. ;)

    Maddie is adroable as always. But what do you expect when she has such good looking parents.

    Thanks for the updates Ashley. You do a great job!!!!!

    Love ya,
    Summer, MOM and Grandma

    ReplyDelete