Monday, March 16, 2009

Our Trip to the DBG

Zach had to go to the Desert Botanical Garden to take a picture of a certain type of mesquite tree for one of his classes. Since you have to pay to get in, one of his coworkers suggested we make an event out of it and go as a family. So we did. Zach and I have been together once before, for one of his office Christmas parties, but it was at night so I've never really seen what they have there. Let me just say, hooray for kids getting in places for free and for student pricing. All three of us got in for what it would normally cost one adult. We contemplated paying the extra $2 to see the butterfly exhibit but we were kind of pressed on time so we decided we will have to go back to see the butterflies. I think Madie will enjoy that. It was super crowded as we waited in line to pay to get in. They have this exhibit going right now. Chihuly, I think is the guy's name, and he makes glass sculptures that resemble things found in nature. Some of the pieces were strange, but some of them were really neat. 
Madie was very interested in watching the people around us as we waited to buy tickets.
Our little family
Madie and mommy in the hut
Madie and daddy in the hut
People aren't the only ones to get cancer :)


She enjoys her tongue.
There are a bunch of other pictures I took (like the glass sculptures), but for some reason my computer is being super slow at uploading them so I will have to post those later. 

3 comments:

  1. Lexi use to do the tongue thing too! This pic of Madie smiling with her tongue out looks like Lexi. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved the botanical garden. And what a beautiful time to go, with the desert in bloom.

    And not only do I have a Chilean daughter in law but I also have a Chilean mesquite tree. What kind did Zack have to take a pic of.

    ReplyDelete