Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy, Happy Birthday!

Sunday was Zach's 26th birthday!!! That seems so weird to me because he was only 22 when we met and it doesn't feel like it has been that long. His family was down last weekend so we celebrated his and Lexi and Adam's birthdays on Saturday. I wasn't very good with the camera so the only pics I have are of Madie playing with the streamers. She enjoyed pulling them off of the wall. 

On Sunday we celebrated the March birthdays with my family, which consisted of my grandma and cousin and of course Zach. For his birthday dessert, Zach requested brownie schlop, which is really a brownie triffle with pudding and whipped cream and caramel and nuts. 
Madie wanted to help me make it. 

Here it is in all is beauty.


This is why we call it brownie schlop; in the bowl it is pretty but once it is dished up it looks like schlop.

My family is doing gag gifts this year for birthdays, here are some of the gifts Zach got: 
A shovel, rake and gloves (for the garden we will have some day? Since he won't need it for his job. Landscape Architect is not the same as landscapper)
Yes, those are in fact pull ups. My nephew, Curtis, thought our baby needed them. Curtis is 3. 
Did you know that Dr. Pepper comes in a bottle? Neither did we, but apparently in Texas it does. 
Zach asked for this book, it has been sitting under our bed since before Christmas. 
He also got some tv on dvd from his family and my sister and a bucket full of tools from my aunt. Thanks everyone for all the fun and interesting gifts!


3 comments:

  1. Haha, looks like a fun birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Birthday is in June, I am requesting brownie schlop for dessert. Looks SO yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, I deleted the email by accident of your address. SO could I please have your address again, my email is adurham17@cox.net. thank you. I am ready to send your gift to you.

    ReplyDelete