Friday, July 17, 2009

Slacking

So I have been slacking lately (at a lot of things...but we won't go there). My mom issued a challenge to post something everyday between now and November 5th so that Lindsay has lots of fun things to read while Nick is away...that was on Monday. Sorry Lindsay!!! While I can not promise to blog every day I will try to post more often (say, once a week or so).

So what's new??? Not much. Well, that's not entirely true, but given my audience, there's not much new that I can discuss (so I'm a little crazy and have already started working on Christmas gifts). Zach is still on the hunt for a new job. I'm not sure if I posted anything about this but he got laid off last week. We weren't really that surprised, things had been slow at work for at least the last year. And we were hoping that he would at least be able to keep his job until we moved in with my parents (which we are really greatful now for that opportunity) so that we have fewer bills to pay. Although, I have to wonder if his boss knowing that we had moved and had fewer financial responsibilities played a role in his getting laid off. But such is life, now all we have to do is find that open door.

So last week was a total bust. On top of Zach losing his job, we had two parties planned that didn't turn out how we had hoped. I had planned a Stampin' Up party and invited some of the girls from my ward that are around my age and in my same general stage of life, since I don't really know anyone in that category and thought it would be a fun way to get to know them, and only one girl showed up. The two of us did have a good time though. She has a little boy who is almost three and a little girl just a couple of weeks younger than Madie. We have also gone to the park with her and her kids a couple of times. We seem to get along pretty well and have a lot in common. So that wasn't a total bust but not what I had hoped for. And then we thought it would be fun to invite some of our friends from our last ward over to go swimming and grill pizza on Saturday night but none of them could make it. Such is life.

Saturday morning was fun though. We drove out to the QC for my friend Heather's little boy's first birthday party. That was so much fun (thanks Heather for inviting us). I had never met her little boy before, which meant that it had been way too long since we had seen eachother. Although, we didn't get to see their new house, so I guess we'll just have to get together again, hopefully before our kids turn 2!

Well it is getting late (I know, 8:40 really isn't that late, but when you've been up since 5:30, it feels late) and I don't feel like uploading the hundred pics and videos I want to post (plus then it gives me something to write, I mean type, about for the new few days). So I bid you adieu with these super cute pics of Madie and her little pigtails. Stay tuned for scenes from tomorrow's (or next week's) episode...




And by scenes I mean words...
coming up are posts on our trip to Queen Creek for the birthday party, our trip to the arizona museum for youth with Kristi and her girls, the invaders in our garden, bathtime fun videos, more of Madie at the splash park, and probably a couple of pictures from Kristi and Benjamin's birthday celebration.



3 comments:

  1. You guys definitely have a lot on your plate right now, I understand. I blog mostly to have someone to talk to since I am not the best at making friends (when you don't have kids I think other people find it hard to relate to you...)

    Grilled pizza sounds soooo good and makes me want to be a griller, haha! I know your church does a lot of activities for singles, is it the same in the other age groups? It should be! Young couples with kids need some social time almost more than anyone else! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are happy your mom gave the chanllenge as we benefit too!

    That is a bummer on the stamp party but keep up the great job and you will find new customers one customer at a time.

    We have been having fun making some cards with Ana today. We are going to the softball game tonight Adam is playing in. This game is for the championship.

    It would be fun to have you, Zach a Maddie come up, if you get a chance before school starts up again. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her little pony tails. Hang in there, you'll make friends.

    ReplyDelete