Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Boys and Their Toys & Big Girl

Zach's phone is supposed to arrive today. He is just a bit excited...
At 7:30 this morning before he left for work he checked the door to see if his phone had come yet. I told him that it wasn't going to be here yet and his response was "I heard a truck and so I thought I would check." I proceeded to tell him that it was probably the garbage truck, since it usually comes around 7:30 and that UPS doesn't deliver before 9 and the earliest I have seen them deliver here is 12:30. I thought it was kind of cute how excited he is for his new toy.

We finally did it...we took away the pacie. I started by always putting the same blanket in bed with her when she would go to sleep. I noticed she was starting to take a liking to it when she would pull it off the chair in her room and drag it around the house. So I decided that was it, it was time to take the plunge. I cut off the tip of the pacie so that she couldn't suck on it like she used to and gave it to her. She immediately pulled it out of her mouth and looked at it funny and tried it again and again and again. I told her it was broken and yucky and that she needed to throw it away (she is way into throwing things away right now) and then she would be a big girl like Katie. So she did. Going to sleep fine but waking up, not so much. So spent from 4 to 6 in bed with us this morning after screaming for about 5 or 10 minutes and when she woke up from her nap this afternoon I could not get her to calm down. I had to put her back in her bed and leave her alone for a few minutes so that she would calm down when I picked her up. She spent the second half of her nap on the couch next to me with Elmo in the background.

And since I'm not allowed to post w/o a pic...

What can I say??? She likes her milk.

4 comments:

  1. I love the pic. lol!!!! That just made me laugh. She is one of a kind.

    And Zach I learned really early that I just could not tell him about an event until it was going to happen because he just could not wait. Then he would ask me about the event until it was time for it to happpen. Somethings never change. But you got to love him, he's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This so reminds me of Nick and his laptop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny with your husband!
    And good job on being creative with the pacie! If you stick with it, they usually only take 3/4 days to get past it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete