Thursday, August 6, 2009

Zach's Silly Ideas & Other Randomness

Zach gets these silly ideas when it comes to Madie and sports. Yes, that's right. He is already introducing her to the world of sports, and not watching, but playing. I have two pictorial examples below:
Zach teaching Madie how to slam dunk.
Zach teaching Madie how to play Wii Sports (I can't remember if this is golf or baseball)
While I was involved to the extent that I took the pictures (and allowed the aforementioned to take place) these events were solely Zach's ideas. :)


On a different note...

Zach started work this week. He didn't go in Monday like we had originally thought he would (the people weren't ready for him I guess), but he went in on Tuesday and worked for a couple of hours. Yesterday, however, he worked all day and guess who was in a bad mood all day??? That's right, Madie! Of course, the first day he is gone all day and can't take a shift so I can have a break is the day that Madie whines all day. I think she isn't feeling well, probably because of her allergies (mine have been acting up a little bit and so have my dad's and she has had a runny nose all morning today). I should say that I KNOW she wasn't feeling well yesterday because even over at Kristi's house she was being fussy and she usually loves to go play with Katie.
But we are grateful that Zach is working again and I'm grateful that Madie is sleeping right now! Don't let my complaining fool you, I LOVE being a mom and wouldn't trade it for anything, but sometimes it helps to just complain to the anonymous blog world.

I'm thinking about doing a Stampin' Up open house. Basically I would just have all of my stuff available for people to look at and experiment with and demonstrate any techniques people wanted to learn and have a card ready if people want to make it, kind of like a come and go workshop. I'm still debating doing it. Any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Zach and I ordered new phones, since ours are three years old and the little hands that are constantly playing with them are starting to do some damage. This kind of sucks, but the cheapest way for us to upgrade was online, which meant we had to pay shipping and we couldn't upgrade both phones on one order so we had to pay shipping twice. Between that and the $18 upgrade fee, Zach's "free" phone cost $25 and my "$10" phone cost $40. Oh, well. It was still cheaper than going to the store to get new phones. Hopefully they should be here tomorrow. I'll post pics and initial reviews once we have them.

There was something else I was going to say...
Oh, yes, I remember now. Zach and I are going out tonight! This has become a rare occurrence since Madie joined our little family, however, it is getting a little bit easier to leave her each time. A couple of weeks ago Zach got tickets to go see Glenn Beck with his points he earned from listening to KTAR and I, being his loving wife, went with him. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Anyway, being the loving husband that he is, he decided to make things even and get us something with his points that I would enjoy. So he got us tickets to a prescreening of the new movie Julie & Julia, which I have been saying I would like to go see. I just hope that I can stay awake through the whole thing tonight! What time does it end??? A little after nine, but when you've been dealing with a grumpy one year old for two days, nine o'clock is late (at least for me!). I will try to remember to post my thoughts tomorrow on the movie.

With that, I leave you with this video clip of Madie dancing on the light table at the Arizona Museum for Youth. Enjoy :)

4 comments:

  1. Chris is hoping to win the Bahamas trip from KTAR. I really want to see that movie. I'm curious to know how it is. Have fun on your date tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, she tries to get down and then is like, no... how about more dancing? Love it!

    Is that the Julie Child one? I saw the previews for it, they looked funny :) Have fun!

    Blogs are totally for complaining! Vent! As Shrek would say, "Better out than in!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah!! OMG that video is ADORABLE!!!! I love it! :) She is SO cute!! I miss you Ash! Looks like things are going good!

    ReplyDelete