Friday, August 7, 2009

Delivery & Silly Girl

Madie and I went over to play with our friends Jessica & Ethan this morning (more on that to come) and since I'm expecting my phone to arrive today at some point I decided to check the door when we got home. I opened up and there was this huge package and at first I thought, oh that must not be for me, but as I got closer I saw my name on it. It seemed a little big to be my phone, but people ship things in all kinds of crazy packaging so I thought, well maybe??? Then I noticed the return address. Not my phone...
...laundry soap!
(I don't actually know what brand the soap is, but I'm not supposed to reveal any of the info I have so I can't post a pic of the actual bottle.)

I know, that might seem kind of weird so let me explain. I fill out surveys online and earn points that I cash in for money (it is totally legit so if you're interested let me know). At some point I filled out a survey that said I was willing to fill out surveys and try test products at home. I have been more pleased with that part of it than with the online surveys, because who wouldn't like to get free useful items?!?!?! Right now I'm taking part in a 12 week survey of this mystery laundry soap and so they sent me 2 more bottles of it today! I've also received free diapers (and they were pampers, so not some random cheapy things!) and something else that I can't recall at the moment.

On a completely different note, Madie once again found something interesting to entertain herself with while I was in the shower this morning. I'm not sure why I even put a movie on for her...

Yes, those are pantie-liners surrounding my child. I don't know why but she is fascinated by them. She is always trying to get them open and so I put the package on the counter where she can't reach so that she wouldn't play with them. She discovered that if she stood on the scale next to the counter that she is just tall enough to get them down and proceeded to open all but three of them. Oh, well, what are you going to do???

Do you like the position in which Madie watched her movie the other day??? It made me laugh, I just had to take a picture. She can just barely see over the arm of the chair like that.


So about going to visit our friends...
My friend Diana had a baby almost two months ago and she also came over the Jessica's house. Madie was so fascinated by that little girl (who is so tiny and cute) and was convinced that she needed to hold her. She was so worried when they first got there because the baby was just sleeping in the car seat, but I managed to finally convince her that she was ok to nap there but once that little girl woke up, it was a whole different story. So I asked Diana if we could take her little girl out and I helped Madie hold her. It was so cute, I wish I had gotten a picture. I'll have to remember for next time! It just amazed me how she is already such a little mommy to babies smaller than her and she is only one!

5 comments:

  1. Haha, great pictures! Getting stuff in the mail is fun! I am signed up for a survey thing, but it is just surveys pretty much. I signed up in college and I think once I got to try a product at home (lol, pantyliners!) but that was it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am TOTALLY interested in the survey info. I was actually talking to a friend about it yesterday but don't know how to tell which ones are legit! If you wouldn't mind passing on the info I would surely appreciate it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures of her watching the movie. She is growing up way to fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We would love to get info on the survey thing. I use to do that all the time when the kids were small, before we moved to Oregon.

    Love the pictures of her watching TV and the story of her wanting to hold the new baby. Makes me think more about what we learned in the pre-existence. I am sure we learned much about being a good and nurturing mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing how these kinds of things are intuitive, isn't it? Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete